Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course
In accordance with the Firearms Act, a firearms safety course focusing on restricted firearms was developed and implemented on February 1, 1999. Individuals wishing to acquire restricted firearms must take the full classroom delivery of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC)and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC), and pass all the tests.
Topics covered in the CRFSC include:
- the evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
- basic firearms safety practices;
- operating handgun actions;
- firing techniques and procedures for handguns;
- care of restricted firearms;
- responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and
- safe storage, display, transportation and handling of restricted firearms.